//]]>

Sunday, January 6, 2013

The Venue

Pioneer Playhouse: Where Stars are Made




The date is officially set for September 28th, 2013.   I decided to have the wedding at Pioneer Playhouse back home in Danville, KY.  This place has some wonderful memories that go with it.  Even though it doesn't seem that fancy, it was a place I loved to spend my summer nights volunteering as an assistant in the dinning hall, passing out programs, helping in the gift shop whatever they needed.  I would rather have my wedding some place that feel a part of me and my past than some big fancy hotel or other venue where I've never been.  Plus we save a lot of money by having it since all they charge for a whole day rental is $500.  Most places want at least $1k if not more.  Plus we can come in advance to decorate with no extra charge, and that have both an outdoor area and indoor in case it rains.  Only thing more I could ask for is that they were a little less rustic looking, but from all the stuff I've seen on Pinterest rustic weddings are totally popular right now.  I just wish I could find some photos of the past wedding to show you how nice it can look.  Apparently not many people like to post them, but I know they have a lot of them.  I originally wanted to have it on Sept 22nd, but that weekend was already taken and the one before that.  I guess a lot of people are realizing it's a nice inexpensive place that hold lots of people.

Stage of Pioneer Playhouse.  I don't think we can have the wedding ceremony there, too bad:)
All of Pioneer Playhouse.  It has a little western town replica for people to explore as well as the dinning area and indoor area.  I thought abut having the ceremony under the big tree if possible. 




No comments:

Post a Comment